Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some Media Concerned with Questioning Jeff Snook's Motives Rather Than Report His Findings

+14 HS
raisincanebuckeye's picture
August 10, 2018 at 3:54pm
80 Comments

I posted this in the article on the home page, but thought it should be posted here also.

Seems like the media is more interested in questioning his motives than reporting his findings. Something Jeff posted to his Facebook.

"I see some in the national media, including some who know me, have questioned my motives, etc., for yesterday's story on the Ohio State investigation. Yahoo even ran my so-called "resume" of "four books on Ohio State football including one in which Urban Meyer wrote the forward," next to Brett McMurphy's. First of all, let me say that Brett has earned his dues with a track record of breaking stories. Secondly, It is a fact I graduated from Ohio State - with a degree in Journalism. And that last part of the sentence is more crucial than the first part, in this case. For the record, I didn't just fall out of the stands of Ohio Stadium as a fan and onto Facebook yesterday, as some have suggested. I have 17 years of newspaper experience, including nine as a beat writer covering Florida State and four more at Florida (Steve Spurrier was coach, not Meyer). I broke my share of stories along the way. And I also wrote nine more books on subjects besides Ohio State. I know my journalism ethics and fundamentals and I follow them closely. Unless I am writing a column, my opinion doesn't enter into it - and it didn't yesterday, either. I had more than the two sources i quoted yesterday. Two more chose to go off the record, saying similar things and corroborating my on-record sources, so I didn't use them. I have received much more information since I published the story but am choosing to keep it to myself. It just backs up what was written and would be redundant. Anyway, enough said. It's a Friday, so smile, tell your parents or children you love them - and Have a great day!"

[Mod Edit: Added to the title for clarity.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments