Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Fan Base & Media Reaction to Action?

-3 HS
RocknRollover's picture
August 9, 2018 at 11:51am
59 Comments

I have been thinking about this and wanted to play out a potential scenario.

It appears that everyone in the media right now is saying Meyer should basically be fired regardless of the outcome of the investigation, which is absurd IMO.  But say Ohio State does decide to fire Urban without cause, what would the reaction of the Ohio State fan base be?  One thing I can imagine is riots could ensue, similar to what is common after we win big games.

How would the media react if this happens?  My assumption is that they will proceed to escalate the whole situation further even if Urban is fired, especially if nothing happens to Gene Smith.

The bottom line is I think there is a high possibility that Ohio State will still be dealing with both a media and fan base shitstorm regardless of if Meyer is fired without cause or not.  

Ohio State needs to therefore tread very lightly, because firing Urban without cause could result in an even worse situation than it is now.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments