Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Let's Chat About Positonal Groupings You'd Like to See Rolled out This Year

0 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
August 8, 2018 at 12:51pm
32 Comments

Wanted to get a thread going after I started studying the roster a bit more and saw the insane amount of freak athletes we're going to have this year, and come up with some dream scenarios to deploy them and maximize some matchups and exploit the opposing teams weaknesses.

First one I could come up with is a 3-wide set consisting of Ben Victor on one side, Jaylen Harris, or La'Christian Smith on the other, and Jeremy Ruckert in the slot.

The way I see it, 3 guys, all 6'4 or better, all running at least a 4.5-4.6... Pick your poison. One of them is going to high point a ball, and in the redzone this would be incredible.

Obviously I think we would all like to see Dobbins and Weber on the field at the same time in some two-back sets, so that's a pretty easy one.

I'd love to see more of a speed package of wide receivers with emphasis being put on the slots with the HB's being given a shot to work in open space. Have McCall on one side and Campbell on the other working in the flats and just get them off to the races.

What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments