Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Shelley Meyer, "Executive Gatekeeper"? Told Urban Nothing?

+6 HS
Buckeye Jack's picture
August 2, 2018 at 9:35am
77 Comments

Shelley Meyer, "Executive Gatekeeper"?

Very possibly so.  An executive gatekeeper in business and government keeps the boss free of rumors, innuendo, and unsubstantiated accusations that can legally entangle the head honcho.  An executive gatekeeper keeps the boss on a "need to know" basis on sensitive topics.

I'm sure the Meyer's have access to the very best corporate lawyers.  After the messes at Florida, and the "who knew what" debacle that brought Tressel down, a competent attorney would be nuts not to suggest some "executive gatekeeper" procedures for Shelley and Urban.

Every accusation the boss is privy to can win him a big fat subpoena or worse.  Urban is the CEO of a sizable sports enterprise.  Urban and Shelley are not naive. They know about Title IX.  She may well have been serving as his "executive gatekeeper" in NOT passing on Courtney's accusations until Courtney cooperated with the Powell Police and SIGNED a criminal complaint. IF and when Courtney signed it, THEN there was a "need to know"  Courtney refused to cooperate. 

When Shelley said, "I'll have to tell Urban", she meant once Courtney signed the complaint, IMO.   "I'll HAVE TO tell Urban".  Not, "Urban and I have an ongoing conversation about this". but basically, "I'll be FORCED to tell Urban".  Worth contemplating.

Yes,  "Executive Gatekeeper" is a thing.  Here's a Harvard Law School Forum article titled, "Executive Gatekeepers: Useful and Divertible Governance?" 

https://corpgov.law.harvard.edu/2014/09/30/executive-gatekeepers-useful-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments