Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State Reportedly Hiring Parker Fleming, Texas State Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach

Dan Hope's picture
February 26, 2018 at 1:10pm
50 Comments

Ohio State is reportedly set to add yet another coach with coordinator experience to its staff, according to Football Scoop, which is reporting that Texas State co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Parker Fleming – a former Ohio State graduate assistant – will be leaving San Marcos for a position with the Buckeyes.

A former quarterback at Presbyterian College, Fleming's first stint with the Buckeyes came in 2012 and 2013 – Urban Meyer's first two Ohio State staffs – as a graduate assistant who worked with the offense and special teams. Fleming left Ohio State in 2014 to follow Everett Withers to James Madison as wide receivers coach, and has since followed Withers to Texas State, where he started out as wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator in 2016 before becoming co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season.

Fleming's hiring has not been confirmed by Ohio State, but it is presumable that he will be joining the Buckeyes in a quality control coaching role, as the Buckeyes do not currently have any full-time openings on their staff for on-field assistant coaches.

In an interview with Texas State's student newspaper last year, Fleming credited his previous opportunity at Ohio State with being the big break in his coaching career.

"I caught a good break when I got a graduate assistant position at Ohio State," Fleming said. "I got a really good opportunity. Being a graduate assistant at Ohio State, the timing was just perfect and I got to work with a bunch of really great guys."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments