Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

“The Game” Viewed from a 21 Year Old

+47 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
January 3, 2018 at 5:34pm
104 Comments

As my dad and I were watching Michigan screw up the Big Ten’s perfect record, my dad and I embarked on an eye opening conversation. To summarize the conversation, I have to try really hard to hate Michigan. I mean that sounds awful, it really does. But guys just think about it from my viewpoint. 21 years old. The first game I recall watching was the 2003 National Championship, however I cant really remember the games until the 2004 season in which we went 8-4. So think about this. 

• Purdue has beaten us 3 times in which I can remember the game. Michigan 1. 
  • I remember upsetting them in 2004, coming back to win in 2005. Winning the game of the century in 2006. And then all I remember after that is Michigan being a joke. 
  • I know we all emphasize that Penn State is not or rival, but dammit, in my lifetime they are way more of a rival than Michigan. The losses in 05,08 and 16 hurt like hell. The only time Michigan beat us was when we went 6-7 and got Urban Meyer as a consolation prize. 
  • To add to that, Michigan has never ruined our season in my lifetime. My dad hates them because of the 90s. My grandpa because of 1969. But me? I guess I hate them for that time they ganged up on Dontre Wilson. 

There is a saying that I love, and the saying goes like this. “Being hated isn’t the worst thing that can happen. The worst thing that can happen is being forgotten about and for no one to care”.  That to me is the perfect summary of Michigan in my lifetime. I may get downvotes for this, but to me, this is the perfect insult to Michigan football.

I will say, Jim is changing this some. The game last year and the scare they gave me this year is making me respect them a little more. But until they actually show to me that they deserve to be feared, Michigan is going to remain just another game on the schedule for me. 

And that folks, is the biggest blow you can give to the university of Michigan. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments