Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

My 2017-2018 Season Review

+1 HS
BuckeyeBlitz22's picture
January 2, 2018 at 10:45pm
12 Comments

After our defeat to Clemson last year, UFM said that this year we would become a better passing team. We obtained Kevin Wilson, Ryan Day, along with many notable recruits. 

One of my concerns going into the season was our secondary, and at first, it was terrible. We got lit up by Indiana, then Oklahoma came to town. The Oklahoma game was a game I had been looking forward to for a long time, and our secondary got lit up once again. 

JT Barrett did JT Barrett things, and we complained and complained about him for doing JT Barrett things. 

We played some incredible games along the way, Penn State was an instant classic, despite the many first half mistakes that made us cringe. Michigan State surprised us all and the Michigan game went very well for us.

However, the Iowa game was one of the biggest outliers in UFM's tenure. The players looked like they did not want to be there and we got shown up by a bunch of farm boys. This would ultimately be Ohio State's kryptonite when it came to the CFP.

When it comes to the CFP, I do not think we were one of the four best teams in the country. I do not see JT Barrett taking us over Clemson, nor over the other two teams. 

We won the B1G (something that should be done by us every year, but I digress) over a really good Wisconsin team. Although we should have won again 59-0, it was pretty awesome to see JT win his first B1G title. 

The USC game was one I really wanted us to win. Not just so we wouldn't have three on the season, not just to prove we should have been in the CFP, but to erase the huge lead USC had on us in the series. Although I am too young to recall the last time we played, I have always wanted to see my Buckeyes beat the Trojans, and boy, did they deliver. 

All in all, it was a good season. The Buckeyes went out this year and proved they could pass the ball, JT kind of proved he could play in big games, and our secondary improved drastically. We also won the Conference and Beat USC. 

Congrats to the Buckeyes, all of the seniors and everyone going into the NFL, hopefully next year will be better than the last!

Fun Question: What's your favorite position to watch/play in football? Mine is the cornerback position.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments