Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU’s Offensive Style/Strategy

-2 HS
BuckeyeFan150's picture
December 24, 2017 at 5:37am
91 Comments

Let me start by saying “I’m not a college coach, don’t make millions per year coaching 18-22 year olds, etc.....” BUT after thinking about all the big games we’ve not really played like a top 4 playoff team in, I’ve got to ask whether any other fans question overhauling our offense to be more big game ready. 

For example, in 2014 when we made our glorious run to becoming natty champs, our offense was unbelievable. We always hit a big play or two and constantly seeemd to keep most defenses guessing. The last few seasons, in big games the “keep em guessing “ hasn’t existed. It’s become a game of read option, read option short pass, try to throw deep (fail), 3 and 1 QB sneak with JT...blah blah blah.  

Overall, I’m not bashing our offensive players but more or less questioning if anyone agrees we need to adapt to more of a big game offense (pro-style, spread, west coast, etc...) All the time. 

I love Meyer and all that he’s done, but IMO his offense is about 12-14 years old and most teams have completely mastered how to defend it. 

Again, I’m not a coach nor here to bash him or players.  

Enjoy the holidays y’all!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments