Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Favorite Buckeye Team to NOT Win It All.

+7 HS
Crumb's picture
December 15, 2017 at 10:11pm
120 Comments

If you have to pick your favorite Buckeye team that didn't win it all, who do you got? That's the only criteria. Could be the team that helped you get through a tough year like my 2004, 8-4 Buckeye squad. Pick a Buckeye team that didn't win a national championship and tell why they're your favorite, or just a team in a season that you particularly loved, maybe you were went to a lot of games that year, etc.

For my money, it's the 2005 Big Ten and Fiesta Bowl Champions lead by seniors A.J. Hawk and Nick Mangold. I think if Tressel goes with Troy Smith full throttle from the beginning of the Texas game and not a tandem with Zwick, we beat Texas, maybe have enough momentum to not lose to PSU and then beat SC in the Rose Bowl. If there were a playoff that year, no question in my mind those guys win it all. Ginn, Holmes, Gonzalez at receiver. Antonio Pittman and Troy Smith running the ball behind Mangold and Rob Sims. Defense lead by Hawk, Carpenter, Schlegel, Kudla, Youboty, and Salley. Tough team. I mean Robiskie, Laurinaitis, and Malcolm Jenkins were freshman letter winners on that team!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 120 Comments