Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What OSU QB Records Has JT Not Broken?

+13 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
December 11, 2017 at 1:34pm
58 Comments

Is this another JT thread? Well, sort of. However, this is mainly a thread to shed some appreciation on some often overlooked QB's, who did not have some of their records broken by JT. And judging by JT's resume, any record that he hasn't broken outright, deserves some recognition. Here is listed most of the records that JT has not broken. I also have listed where JT currently stands in the category, as there is a chance that he can break a few more vs. USC. 

• Passing yards in a game - Art Schlichter 1981 (458 yards)    JT's highest (349)
  • Passing Yards in a season - Joe Germaine 1998 (3,330 yards)       JT needs 391 yards
  • 300 yard passing games in career - JT and Joe Germaine currently tied with 8
  • Technically JT holds the Ohio State record outright with 16 consecutive completions, which he did against Penn State. However, Terrelle Pryor also had 16 in 2010 vs. my hometown Ohio Bobcats; however, the NCAA does not formally accept his stats from that season.  Although I saw it happen, in fact, I was at the game, so we are calling this a tie. Barrett gets the nod in stat importance though. 
  • Tied with the legend Kenny G with 6 touchdown passes in a game. JT has done it twice. 
  • Rushing Yards for a QB career - Braxton Miller (3,314)     JT needs 117 yards
  • Consecutive 100 yard passing games - Hoying & Schlichter (17)    JT (12)
  • 200 yard passing games (season) - Germaine & Hoying (11)     JT (9 or 10*)
  • 300 yard passing games (season) - Hoying (7)     JT (4)
  • 100 yard rushing games for QB (career) - Miller (14)      JT (8)
  • This one is close. JT currently sits .05% higher than Todd Boeckman for highest completion % for a career. (63.48 vs. 63.43). JT can clinch this record vs. USC

There are some more in-depth stats. But these are the main ones. Again, the point of this thread was to shed some light on some often forgotten QB's (Germaine and Hoying). For me, I was born in 1996, so I didn't really understand football until the National Title year in 2002. I found it kinda crazy when I first saw some of the stats that Hoying and Germaine put up, because people rarely talk about those guys. I guess in blocking out the Cooper years, we also blocked out those guys. The crazy thing about Hoying, is he put up crazy numbers in 1995. Which was the same year that Eddie won the heisman. I can't even imagine how terrifying that offense must have been. Anyway, just an thread as I try to pass the time until the Cotton Bowl. 

Go Bucks. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments