Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Excited for Cotton Bowl & 2018.

+7 HS
Buckeye Beast's picture
December 5, 2017 at 1:31pm
27 Comments

I'm done being mad about the playoff snub. I can't rightfully say that Alabama "deserves" it, but I'm also not sure we belong there too. I'm not one of those guys who wants to miss the playoff to avoid embarrassment, but there is a bright side to all this. I look at this team & I can't help but feel like we wouldn't match up well with Clemson, but USC on the other hand... It's revenge for anyone who remembers the late 2000's and a win would build great momentum for next year. 

Speaking of next year: We should be loaded. As a noted JT Barrett fan, I'm convinced Dwayne Haskins is legit. Say what you want about the Michigan game, but that was the nation's 3rd ranked total defense, 3rd ranked team for pass efficiency defense, and 1st ranked defense in terms of passing yards allowed (per NCAA.com). Haskins came into a pressure packed rivalry game on the road, against that defense, and looked pretty good to me. 

On offense we also return Dobbins, 4 offensive lineman with starting experience (Prince, Knox, Bowen & Jordan) and potentially the entire WR corps. I personally can't wait to see how much better Ben Victor can become after he gains more good weight this off season.

In summary, the offense should be unreal, & the defense as always should be strong (NICK F***in BOSA) 

Let's all get hyped, because it doesn't matter who wins the Natty this year. Look at the recruiting rankings, look at the momentum we could garner from the Cotton Bowl, look how angry the playoff snub will make our returning players, contemplate the potential of an Ohio State offense that can actually pass the ball farther than 15 yards consistently. The world will soon bow down to their Buckeye overlords, our time is on the horizon. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments