Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The J.T. Barrett Story

+5 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture
December 3, 2017 at 8:26pm
68 Comments

The J.T. Barrett Story is a hell of an unwritten book. 

Barrett's time as a Buckeye was inconsistent on the gridiron, though consistent as a duality, at least. JT was a magnet for opposites, throughout his Ohio State career: Accurate/inaccurate, mature/immature, overrated/underrated, hero/goat, etc. 

The J.T. Barrett Story is a Quarterback's fable: One QB leads his team to the doorstep, his season ended by injury and he watches his back-up lead the team to the championships, while becoming a legend.

The J.T. Barrett Story is a case study for coaching. How could Urban Meyer have done a better job coaching JT? Meyer is a student of psychology. Did Meyer fully comprehend the psychological dimension of JT's 2014 football experience?

Even the 2017 B1G Championship game was itself, a duality, condensing The J.T. Barrett Story into an hour of almost, completely opposite halves.

These are just some of the things I've thought about since last night...when I saw J.K. Dobbins humbly react to his championship moment and MVP award. 

And then I saw Barrett, who wore an expression that simply, said it all.

J.T. Barrett began as a champion in a cast watching his back-up become a legend and ended up a champion leading the supporting cast of a new young hero.  

edit: What moments, games, moments within games, stand out to you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments