Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

9 Units Strong?

+4 HS
Cooper's picture
December 3, 2017 at 10:39am
28 Comments

This isn’t necessarily a debate on whether the Buckeyes deserve to be in the playoffs or if they will be in the playoffs. Rather, I’m asking if you all believe that Ohio State is operating well enough in their individual units to compete if they should so be selected as one of the four top teams. Full disclaimer, I do think Ohio State should make the dance on principle, but I do have concerns.

I don’t think we have yet to see the Buckeyes perform with all nine units clicking like we did in 2014. Some players in the secondary not named Denzel Ward are still having their struggles. As well as Jerome Baker played last night, the linebackers were susceptible to misdirection and play fakes. J.T. missed multiple wide open receivers, and when J.T. finally hit his targets downfield there were a few drops. I will give credit to the special teams for picking up their play recently. 

If Ohio State gets selected, they are absolutely going to have a rematch of last year’s semifinal with Clemson (who looks pretty darn good right now). Are you concerned with this team’s tendencies for critical mistakes, or are you confident this team will put on a show of nine cohesive units if their name is called?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments