Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Would You Call if You Were Ohio State vs Wisconsin?

+1 HS
chefjoey's picture
December 1, 2017 at 1:14pm
28 Comments

I have always loved the NCAA Football games where I could be the offensive coordinator and call the shots. During the 2015 season I was wishing I was the offensive coordinator so I could play with the weapons like Braxton, Zeke, Samuel, Thomas, Marshall, etc.

So let's play a game: If you are Kevin Wilson, what plays do you call on the first drive?

My dream scenario would be getting the ball close to Wisconsin's 40-45 yard line. I'd take a timeout (yes on the first drive). I'd have my team huddle on the sideline, call a play, and have them trot back out. I would then have Ohio State break their normal tendencies and have a huddle, before quickly running up to the line to snap the ball. 

The point of all of this would be to sneak Haskins into the game unseen, but keep JT on the field. I'm sure he could hide between a few lineman until they run up to the line. Haskins would line up in the HB slot, run in motion. I'd flip the ball to him like Evan Spencer in 2014, and fire a shot down the sideline to Dixon for a TD.

I will never forget that first ball Cardale threw to Devin Smith in the 2014 championship, and that long TD set up the entire game. I'm still pro JT, even with a hurt knee. But having Haskins take a long shot early and completely throwing off the Wisconsin defense would be a thing of beauty to watch.

Your turn: What would you call? What plays would you draw up? It can be as simple as "GIVE DOBBINS THE BALL" or as complex as my crazy imagination. I'd love to hear yours! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments