Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2015 Stanford vs. Ohio State. We Will Find out if Bama Bias is True

+14 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
November 28, 2017 at 1:49pm
41 Comments

ESPN has been comparing Alabama's resume to Ohio State's 2015 resume some this week, and they are very familiar. Ohio State had 1 loss, and 1 Top 15 Win (@UM). With MSU moving out, Bama could be left with 0 Top 15 wins. Although, I wouldn't put it past the committee to move LSU into the Top 15. 

Anyway, the more interesting part is Stanford. We all know Ohio State came in 7th in the final CFP rankings in 2015. Who finished ahead of them? A 2-loss Stanford team who had 1 win over Top 10 Notre Dame, and two wins against the same 25th ranked USC. Their losses? Oregon and Northwestern. And yet, even with two losses, and just one signature win, the committee valued the PAC-12 championship so much that they moved them ahead of Ohio State. An OSU team who lost on a last second field-goal to an eventual CFP contender. 

If they don't do the same thing for OSU (who has better wins than that Stanford team), it 100% proves that brand-name and past excellence is in their minds. We have seen nearly the exact same scenario happen, and the 2-loss conference champ got the nod. 

All in all, it doesn't matter if we don't beat Wiscy, and a BIG Title is all I care about right now. Just thought I would throw that out there. Go Bucks! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments