Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Early Look - 2018 Depth Chart

+1 HS
themostbrian's picture
November 27, 2017 at 10:43am
103 Comments

I'm keeping tabs on the 2018 depth chart here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qlhKLbnyTX7Gy0NtIVHb7Wk4mNOQ4niU2VMaAuuMEqE/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you see any errors/omissions/oversights.

Here are some high-level takeaways:

• Offensive skill positions could be a wealth of riches - Haskins, Dobbins/Weber, a fleet of WRs, Rashod Berry, etc.
  • Offensive line development will be key - replacing Billy Price and Jamarco Jones without a drop off is impossible.
  • D-Line will lack the depth of the past couple years but the quality of the first 3-4 guys will remain high. Development of guys like Jonathan Cooper, Davon Hamilton, and Jashon Cornell will be critical. Would also be nice to have Antwuan Jackson and Brenton Cox show up ready to contribute.
  • Even without Jerome Baker, LB should be loaded. Pick 3 from Borland, Booker, Harrison, Browning, and Keandre Jones. Pete Werner is a darkhorse.
  • Defensive backfield could be a strength - Arnette, Sheffield, Fuller, Okudah - question is that second safety position.

The 2018 schedule is challenging - at TCU, at Penn State, at Michigan State, vs. Michigan - but the schedule starts with two easy wins (Oregon State, Rutgers) that will hopefully allow the next QB and both lines to congeal and be ready to perform. I'm very optimistic.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 103 Comments