Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coaches & Their Scheme vs Personnel

+2 HS
Bucks's picture
November 26, 2017 at 1:16pm
13 Comments

Since middle of the season, I had this great (pipe) dream of a isolated I-form season. It seemed obvious to me and many others that a pro set and Woody blessed football, was the way to go with the personnel we have & the strengths they show.

I guess the question for my admittedly lacking experience is, is it feasible to change your philosophy (assuming you want to, which Meyer does not) mid-season?

There are so many moving parts & reads to be made based on coverage ... It's hard to think it would've been feasible to change your offensive identity without a off-season to prepare.

So is it a pipe dream? I want Meyer so don't get this question twisted but can anyone inform me of a coach who changes his system to suit the roster instead of forcing square peg into round hole?

Just a fun discussion. Not trying to rouse anything up. When you see a team that is Cleary, CLEARY built to be a pro style PA team, just gives you questions!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments