Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Barrett's Toughness and Availability

+8 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
November 26, 2017 at 11:39am
30 Comments

With JT's injury, I noticed something that I didn't see anyone really commenting on. Here's a quote from the 11W staff/Barrett,

'Barrett said he has been playing with a knee issue all season, but had not missed any time due to injury prior to Saturday. When his knee has twisted at previous times this year, he said he has been able to "unlock" it and continue playing without any major issues. On Saturday, however, that wasn't the case.

"This time, it just didn't unlock for me," Barrett said. "When it happened in a game, I would just lock my leg out and it would pop back in and I would continue to play. I didn't need to go run to the trainers and tell anybody. Like I was good and I felt fine, running around, cutting ... So it hasn't affected me, it's just in that little moments when it happens, and then today, I wasn't able to pop it back in."'

Barrett's been playing with this all year. That's some incredible toughness to continually pop your meniscus in and out and never miss a play because of it! That really says a lot about the man. This is also important in terms of Barrett's availability for next weeks Big Ten Championship game. If JT has been popping this back in in the middle of the game and kept playing for the entire year, you can about guarantee that he will be ready to go again. He might not be 100%, but then again, it doesn't sound like he has been all year. I would expect him to be his typical self, which bodes well for our chances.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments