Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thanksgiving CFP Conspiracy Theory

-4 HS
obsessed_buckeye's picture
November 23, 2017 at 5:39am
77 Comments

First & foremost, Happy Thanksgiving Buckeye Nation!!! Hope everyone has an enjoyable day, whatever you do & whatever you eat.

Reading the forums about our beloved Buckeyes CFP chances, I developed a Conspiracy Theory... What if Nick Saban not-overtly-on-purpose-but-surreptitiously-on-purpose tanks the Iron Bowl? Hear me out. The game is at Auburn. Alabama is carrying a lot of injuries. It wouldn't look overly suspicious if they lost in a close one. 

A one loss Alabama would still get into the CFP because of the selection committee's love for all things Saban/Alabama. Whoever the SEC champ would be (Auburn or Georgia) would still get an invite thus giving the SEC the two teams in the CFP they've always dreamed about.

IF (largest IF in history) Alabama tanks the Iron Bowl & Oklahoma wins out, we won't get in because of a new four letter word, Iowa. The CFP would take 1) SEC Champ 2) ACC Champ 3) Oklahoma 4) Alabama with one loss. What's the best way to avoid playing the Buckeyes in the CFP? Stack the deck against them to keep them out of the CFP. 

Of course I would love to see the glorious Buckeyes in the CFP after they win out, starting this weekend by beating TTUN, and other things going our way. However, I will always love the Buckeyes, no matter what happens. 

GO BUCKS! Beat *ichigan!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments