Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Sincerest Apologies

+16 HS
My Dad Is A Wolverine But I'm A Buckeye's picture
October 22, 2017 at 2:10pm
38 Comments

A few weeks ago, I made a boneheaded forum post that was full of unfounded complaints about not enjoying Buckeye football anymore because it seemed like the time wasn't playing with heart. I was only focused on the flaws of the team and not the improving aspects that were as clear as day. Most of all, the post reeked of me being a spoiled Buckeye fan. After reading the cesspool of MGoBlog last night as their fanbase rationalized a beatdown courtesy of PSU, the reality of Buckeye football hit me like a ton of bricks. We really do have it AMAZING in old Columbus town. This is truly the Golden Age of Buckeye Football and I am honored and privileged to have witnessed it firsthand, both as a fan and as a student of Ohio State. I wanted to come back to the forums, hat in hand, offering up an apology for my idiocy.

On another, far more positive note, I was re-watching the PSU-UM game and am oddly, INSANELY confident that we will beat them. PSU looked very mortal on some of those opening drives and the score only ran up because Michigan's D was on the field for such a long time. O'Korn, besides sucking quite a bit, actually moved the ball on PSU's D in the beginning and we all know that our offense can do the same thing. We have better play calling, running backs, and wide receivers than TTUN. I am mildly concerned about our DBs, but if we take away the pass and get after McSorely, we come out convincingly on top. I'll admit, this is VERY strange to me, as I am usually the most pessimistic Buckeye fan out of my group of friends and family. I didn't give us a chance against Bama two years ago and we all saw how that turned out. I'm so blessed to be returning to the Horseshoe for the game this weekend and so blessed that I was able to graduate from Ohio State. Here's to onwards and upwards for our beloved football team and beating the Nittany Lions. Go Bucks, Beat Penn State! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments