Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Kevin Wilson's coaching culture

+11 HS
flying-banana's picture
January 11, 2017 at 12:51am
126 Comments

Is it okay on this forum to have a legitimate discussion about Kevin Wilson and how his tenure ended at Indiana? I'm concerned that every time I see it mentioned on official 11w articles or forum posts the alleged issues always seem to be disregarded. I believe in our coaching staff and do not believe, or rather want to believe, that Coach Marotti, the OSU medical staff, and Meyer himself would let players be abused or injuries not treated correctly, but I'd like opinions on what other people think about the allegations or to hear any knowledge people have about the checks and balances in place to make sure the players are properly cared for.

I'd also like to see if anyone knows if any definitive information or proof of the allegations has ever surfaced. I saw him resign, saw the rumor mill build, saw many players support him, and then read the AD said he was terminated for "differing philosophies." But haven't seen anything beyond he-said-she-said, and I'd like to know if there's any fire behind the smoke.

We're all fans of the team and many of us, like myself, are alumni as well; with that in mind I truly believe it's a responsibility to look critically at things like this and discuss what we want/don't want associated with our alma mater. I'm extremely excited to watch the Buckeyes in 2017, and think Wilson's offensive strategy will be a real treat, but only if it also means the players are properly cared for and treated when they suit up for the scarlet and gray.

Thanks for reading and for all consideration in your replies.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments