Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

JTs broken ankle never totally rehabbed?

+4 HS
swainpm's picture
December 2, 2016 at 10:44pm
78 Comments

So with the recent 'Grin and Barrett' article I thought I would throw out a theory I have regarding the teams lack of deep passes. If you look back at the stats from 2014 I would bet you would find JTs accuracy downfield far exceeds that of his2015 and 2016 seasons. He was extremely talented at throwing with accuracy on long balls in 2014 (think Devin Smith). However, since his return I think his accuracy has dropped significantly. As a rehab professional I cannot help but notice that JT fractured his right ankle (the ankle a right handed QB uses to plant a throw downfield). This is a significant injury that will cause a drop in accuracy with longer throws. Just try throwing with a planted R ankle if you throw R handed and you will see what I mean. I have been wondering if the ATs at tOSU may have prematurely declared JTs ankle recovered. If you work in the field you can understand that this is not that far fetched. If anyone at 11W had stats on JTs accuracy over 10 yards it would be interesting to compare 2014 to post injury numbers. I cannot find any of the stats online. HOWEVER, I hope that I am wrong and would love to see numbers proving so. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 78 Comments