Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Latest info about top guard Kobi Simmons' visit to Ohio State over the weekend

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
September 14, 2015 at 2:42pm
20 Comments

Some good info from the Plain Dealer on Kobi Simmons. Looks like he loved it and his dad did too. They were other former Buckeyes besides D'Angelo there as well. This really impressed his father. He loved his UNLV visit and Kentucky visit as well. Looks like they are saying its a three horse race between all three schools. My guess is it is between us and Kentucky though.  He may move his decision to a later date too or decide at anytime.

Quote from Simmons' dad:  "I've been coaching and mentoring children for 18 years, and I always tell Kobi, one thing that is more valuable than where somebody goes and how successful they are is do they call you back for their marriage, their college graduation? After they've gone on, do they still even talk to you?

"There's places where once kids go on, they go on and they never come back. The biggest compliment to me as a coach or mentor is when your kids want to come back and be around you, that's a huge compliment. I was so impressed, and I don't really think it was all about us because those people have been there working and training. That was huge to know that wasn't just some little facade show."

Here is a great article with more info:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/09/kobi_simmons_was_impresse...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments