Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

This Week's Question: When Did You Start Following Ohio State Sports, and Why?

Dan Hope's picture
June 17, 2019 at 8:00am
59 Comments

Father's Day always makes me think about watching sports with my dad as a kid growing up and how that played such a huge role in my decision to pursue a career in sports journalism. Ever since I was probably about eight or nine years old, my dad and I have talked about what's happening in the sports world just about every single day, and that fostered my love for sports and talking about them that ultimately led me to try to make a career out of it.

Because that got me thinking about how I became a sports fan, and many of you on this forum probably have your own memories of how you became a sports fan – specifically, an Ohio State fan – it led me to This Week's Question: When did you start following Ohio State sports, and what made you start?

Were you raised by your family to be an Ohio State fan, or did your interest in Ohio State sports come on your own or later in life? Is there a specific moment that you remember as the moment Ohio State sports became a part of your life? Feel free to leave out details that would reveal your age if you prefer, but we'd love to hear your stories about becoming interested in Ohio State sports that led you to being an Eleven Warriors reader today.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments