College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Iowa vs. Rutgers: "Exceptional Punting Match-up"

+5 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture
September 23, 2022 at 1:48pm
42 Comments

I am looking forward to Iowa vs. Rutgers, because B1G football is on, Rutgers is 3-0 and I want the Scarlet Knights to beat the Hawkeyes.

But the Yahoo Sports writer Pete Truszkowski makes this match seem quite Tresselian (both punter are awesome) and therefore, appetizing: Sometimes I crave a football game with little-to-no offense, multitudes of punts, few or no penalties and great suspense. I'm hoping for a 2-0 or 3-2 result, with 50+ punts. Might have to bet on this one:

College football betting: Rutgers vs. Iowa total is lowest of the century

This is a historically low total

The last time we saw a total this low in college football was 1995. Arizona and Oregon State closed with a total of 33 points, and the under hit as Arizona State pulled out a 20-11 victory.

Overall in games since 1995 that had a total of 34 points or lower, the under is 3-1-1. Last year, the total for Iowa vs. Wisconsin was 34 points. It pushed as Wisconsin won 27-7.

No Iowa game has gone over 27 points this season and the Hawkeyes are 3-0 to the under. These teams have met twice since Rutgers joined the Big Ten. Iowa won 30-0 in 2019 and 14-7 in 2016.

As for the game, the Hawkeyes are 7.5-point road favorites in Piscataway, New Jersey.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-football-betting-rutgers-vs-iowa-total-is-lowest-of-the-century-160848260.html

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments