College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Mike Greenberg is So Far off Base This Morning

+11 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
August 17, 2020 at 12:19pm
65 Comments

I don't normally listen to many of the talking heads on ESPN in the morning, but since I'm working from home, and I've searched the very bowels of my subscription streaming services to the point that now all I'm left with is daytime TV.

This morning, on his new show "Greeny," Mike Greenberg is talking about the B1G Ten decision to postpone the season, it literally just happened, so there are no links or anything, but I'll paraphrase:

"The Big Ten is doing something noble, they're putting the kids before the money, because every college football person I spoke with in the time leading up to this decision being made has said there's no way they wouldn't play these games because the money lost would be too great, but they've done just the opposite here and they've put the players before the money."

Greenberg is so off here. To me, this decision was made in haste and it snowballed after the player unity on social media began to catch on. To me, cancelling the fall season seemed like the Big Ten's premature reaction to what they felt were college football players forming some type of unity, aka, a "union."

Regardless of why you feel the decision was made, I think we all agree it was chicken-shit decision made without the players/coaches and their families wishes taken into effect.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments