College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Are You Rooting for Notre Dame or Georgia This Weekend?

+6 HS
Spartan13's picture
September 15, 2019 at 1:48pm
125 Comments

Notre Dame travels to Athens for the game of the week. This game has pretty serious playoff implications. If Notre Dame loses they may be eliminated but if they win they really only have @Michigan later in the season as a game they would be worried about. Winning gives them a very good shot at 12-0 but even if they win and stumble later somebody would need a good resume to get in over them. Georgia winning also really helps the idea of two SEC teams getting in the playoff. LSU and Auburn securing big wins has helped the perception and a 12-1 Georgia only losing to 13-0 Bama would likely give us Bama and Georgia in the playoffs. If LSU is also sitting there at 11-1 there will be some out there pushing for 3 SEC teams to get in. But I think a Georgia loss would eliminate any chance of two SEC teams getting in. 

Not many fans out there worse than Notre Dame fans but I am much more concerned about multiple SEC teams getting in. I want Notre Dame to win but I am no expecting it to happen. Notre Dame is a well rounded team but they dont really have top end talent. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 125 Comments