College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Ohio St Media Fatigue?

+6 HS
Atl_Buckeye72's picture
December 7, 2018 at 9:51am
62 Comments

So with the awards last night and all the Heisman talk this week, I can't help but notice a glaring lack of discussion regarding Haskins specifically. I really don't want this to turn into a discussion about how the media and ESPN is slanted against OSU. 

Last night, how is it that Haskins wasn't in the mix for the Maxwell Award or the Davey O'Brien?

The Heisman talk is exclusive to Tua and Murray with Haskins seemingly just a body that will be in NY because they have to send 3 players. Don't get me wrong, if I had a vote I would probably cast it for Murray just because he has an ability with his legs that Haskins or Tua don't have. However, I don't understand how jaws aren't on floor looking at an almost 5000 yard passer with 50 TD's! 

I am not on the ESPN is so SEC biased bandwagon. However, the thought that crossed my mind is; Has all of the OSU coverage this year affected Haskins' Heisman chances, and even deeper perhaps the committees opinion of OSU in their ranking of us (I wonder if they felt that with all the ZS stuff college football could look bad if their champion had all that controversy only a few short months ago)? The media has had to cover a tremendous amount of OSU this year...all the ZS stuff, the investigation, the suspension, how Meyer handled media days and the press conference, the demeanor on the sideline, the headaches (some games this year we saw more footage of Meyer on the sideline than we did the game), is this Meyers last year and now Meyer's retirement. 

This isn't meant to be a post about oh poor us the world hates us, just posting an observation

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments