College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

A Sad Trend - Players Prepping for NFL Before End of NCAA Tenure

+12 HS
JacketsBuzz's picture
October 16, 2018 at 11:53am
217 Comments

I'll start off by saying I don't blame Bosa for his decision. I'd do the same thing.

That being said, with Ward and however many others sitting out bowl games, now this injury to Bosa...We are leaning further into the direction of more & more top players not playing in bowl games and now draft prepping after an injury.

My question is, where do you guys think the line is drawn? If Haskins wants to go after this year and has a great Big Ten Champ or scUM game, why should he play in the bowl game? Since Dremont is projected top 20 by most experts, what's to stop him from from not playing in the B1G Game for example?  Since this is a relatively new trend (Roby is the oldest Buckeye example I can think of), where do you guys think it stops?

Again, I'm not on here to bash players' decisions. They've got an entire lifetime to envision, we're just selfish fans. With that though, I hate to think that sooner than later almost every near 1st-round lock could be sitting out the bowls and perhaps top 10 types sitting out conference games and further. Hard to see why not?

Tip/Iceberg kind of situation in my opinion.

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 217 Comments