College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Michigan Could Lose 7 Games Next Season (Schadenfreude Welcome)

+10 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
January 9, 2018 at 9:09am
125 Comments

I was looking at our rival's 2018 schedule on FBSSchedules.com (great resource), when I noticed something interesting. Namely: they could very well be fucked next season.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-michigan-wolverines-football-sch...

Whether or not they're fucked probably depends on one game to be honest, and that game is their September 22nd home game vs the Nebraska Cornhuskers in what will be Scott Frost's first season at Lincoln. Now, I don't expect Scott Frost to get Mike Riley's sorry bunch into B1G West contention in his first season, but an early season signature win against an overconfident Michigan team in the Big House seems like something that could definitely happen, and if it does, you have to look at the rest of Michigan's schedule to see just how hairy their year could become.

Their away games include: @ Notre Dame (September 1st), @ Northwestern (September 29th), @ Michigan State (October 20th), @ Rutgers (November 10th), and @ Ohio State (November 24th). Of those away games, the only that seems like it's clearly in their favor is the Rutgers game. As for home games, apart from the aforementioned Nebraska game, they also host Penn State and Wisconsin, and you can never really overlook a game with chaos-team Indiana.

While they may not go 5-7 next year, 7-5 doesn't look unlikely (losses to Notre Dame, Michigan State, Northwestern, one of either Penn State or Wisconsin, and Ohio State), and if that happens, it's really hard to imagine Harbaugh won't be on the hot seat. For the amount he gets paid, you have to think that 9-3 should be the bare minimum.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 125 Comments