College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Top 10 Reasons to Watch Championship Game

+15 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture
January 8, 2018 at 9:38am
124 Comments

Most of the people I’ve talked to are not interested in watching tonight’s game. Some of them are even “boycotting” it. Here are ten reasons they should change their minds and watch it:

1. This is the last college football game of the season. After tonight, there will be no cfb for like 233 days. 
  2. Back in November, when Ohio State needed Bama to beat Auburn, this was the SEC championship game that we wanted to happen. Well, now we get to see it! 
  3. There will be like 30 or 40 future NFL players on the field tonight and none of them will kneel for the National Anthem. 
  4. Get a head start on your fantasy football research for next season by scouting the likes of Calvin Ridley and Nick Chubb . . . Unless you’re like me and are so fed up with the NFL that you won’t be playing fantasy next year.
  5. Every time Kirk Herbstreit refers to “SEC speeed,” you take a drink, and then you’ll pass out at around 10:15 p.m. and easily wake up in time for work tomorrow morning. 
  6. Otherwise, if you don’t stay up until 1 a.m. to watch the game on a work night, which requires you to spend precious marriage/girlfriend capital, then you are a bad person - a spoiled brat who is eating sour grapes! 
  7. Watch the game to answer the question: What will ESPN do now that AJ McCarron has graduated and they can no longer show his girlfriend, the model, about 50 times between every play? Personally, I am bummed that I won’t get to see Dee Dee Bonner.
  8. Humble yourself.
  9. With Clemson and Oklahoma eliminated, we won’t have to watch as much crotch-grabbing and dry humping after every tackle.
  10. Alabama and Georgia are two of the most overrated barbecue states in the U.S. Okay, this isn’t a reason to watch the game tonight, but I just wanted it on the record. 

Do you have any good reasons to watch the game?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 124 Comments