College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Rose Bowl Game Warned the B1G and the PAC12 This Would Happen.

+12 HS
LMS1971's picture
January 3, 2018 at 1:07am
41 Comments

20+ plus years ago when the BCS was being foisted upon CFB The Rose Bowl Game really did their best to resist the idea. They realized how special the relationship between the B1G and the PAC12 was with having their Champions face off against one another. The prime TV slot on New Year's Day and the best honey shots of the San Gabriel Mts. as the sun was setting. I agreed. I told people, if two undefeated schools like Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech or whoever wanted to play each other for the "National Championship" have at it. Nothing beats the traditional Rose Bowl Game matchup for a great majority of the country. Alas, I had no access to the powers that be and my prescience went unrewarded. Now we're stuck with 2 universities from the same conference fighting it out. I would still prefer an undefeated Ohio State team play an undefeated PAC12 school like USC, Stanford, Washington, or Oregon in a Rose Bowl even if it kept them out of the NC conversation then be caught up in an unfair wholly subjective system. It's all about the aesthetics, man!!! OSU played USC in an indoor stadium in Texas on a day other that the 1st day of the new year. For shame!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments