College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Would You Watch a Bowl Game at the Hall of Fame?

+6 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
December 27, 2017 at 10:41pm
34 Comments

Watching all these bowl games this year has me wishing there was a game played in Ohio somewhere. I would love an opportunity to go watch two teams I would otherwise never get a chance to see play a game in the area. So this got me thinking, with all the renovations done to Tom Benson stadium, why not have a Hall of Fame Bowl? If they can play a game in Yankee stadium, the cold weather in Ohio shouldn't be a deterrent, and while the stadium is small, most bowl games don't draw more than twenty thousand or so anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. Finally, I think the Hall of Fame itself could be enough of a destination to entice fans to make the trek to Canton to watch their team play. I think it would be really interesting to watch a mid tier SEC team play a mid tier Big10 or Pac team in December in Ohio and I would certainly think about buying a ticket to watch an interesting game in my back yard.

So what do you think? Is a Hall of Fame Bowl something that would interest you? Or would it just be something that you would I ignore while you wait for the last Ohio State game of the year?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments