College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Baker Wins the Heisman

+8 HS
BrutusB's picture
December 9, 2017 at 9:37pm
95 Comments

Mayfield, the Oklahoma quarterback whose storybook saga began with him walking-on to Texas Tech, captured the 83rd Heisman in a landslide victory.

He collected 732 first-place votes and 2,398 points in voting totals. Stanford running back Bryce Love was second with 1,300 points (75 first-place votes); Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson, last year's Heisman winner, was third with 793 (47).

For Mayfield, it was the third-highest percentage of possible points received (86 percent) since 1950, behind Ohio State's Troy Smith (2006) and Oregon's Marcus Mariota (2014).

Certainly was expected, so no drama there. For those that didn’t watch, he actually seemed very humbled and thanked everyone from the scout team to his parents, so that was nice. 

I know some of our fans don’t like him over the flag planting, but he’s entertaining and had one hell of a year so I’ve got no problem saying congrats to him. I hope the Sooners win the whole damn thing. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments