College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Booger McFarland Be Crazy (This ESPN Bias is Ridiculous)

+8 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture
December 3, 2017 at 9:06am
43 Comments

Look, today is going to have tons of threads before and after the CFP selection show. Many talking points, so just love the fact that we are in a position to help our Lazy Sunday run with tons of activity and discussion.

That being said, I have been watching ESPN for the past 45 minutes (first mistake), and Booger and Finebaum are REALLY LOBBYING HARD, even to the point of contradicting himself (Booger).

Booger throws in how Bama is the stronger team, and mentioned the Mercer scheduling. This is how he justified it: "Everyone keeps talking about Alabama playing Mercer. Lets talk about this right now. Ohio State played UNLV, and Bama played Mercer. You want some numbers, I got some numbers for you. Yea, let me give you some numbers (started pounding his chest by his verbal cues, over f*****g Mercer). Mercer, over the last 3 years, is 16-17. UNLV over the last three years is 12-24. That's it. Done."

He then goes on to contradict himself saying "Look, we got away from the BCS because we did not like the formulas. The committee needs to go in and select the top 4 best teams. Put everything aside: Conference Championships, strength of schedule, wins, etc. Alabama is the better team."

Funny that he tries to make is point with Numbers by justifying Mercer, and then backtracks to say throw away the numbers, basically making his chest-thumping point moot. What a glossy turd.

Lastly, Mercer is 16-17 in an FCS division. It plays ALL FCS teams, except for Auburn, GT, and Bama in the last three years. UNLV is 12-24 in the FBS, playing 3 power five teams 4 times (scum twice, tOSU, UCLA). Also, UNLV plays FBS teams Northern Ill, Nevada, Fresno State, Boise St, Hawaii, SDSU, Central Mich, Air Force, BYU, etc...

What a Shit argument. Then Finebaum saying "The integrity and reputation of the Committee is on the line. If you do not put Alabama in, you will lose all credibility."

The tears of those inbred tree poisoners is going to be absolutely beautiful. Especially since I have a Bammer neighbor who drives by my Ohio State flag every morning to go to work while getting out of our subdivision.

Sorry for my rant. TL:DR = ESPN Blows major Grundle. Not sure if you can blow a grundle, but ESPN found a way... again...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments