College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Is DeShaun Watson one of the greatest players of this era?

+6 HS
TheScarletNut's picture
January 10, 2017 at 12:44pm
85 Comments

I was having this discussion with a co-worker and he said everyone was just being reactionary calling DW great, but I think you have to open your eyes and look at what he has done compared with the other great quarterbacks of the last 15 years. 

My co-worker tried to make the argument that Mariota was better than Watson because he didn't have the same caliber of team but Mariota never won a title and Watson never lost more than one game in a season as the starter. Jameis didn't have as many wins and didn't have the same numbers Watson did and played with a better team IMO. RG3 never had the same body of work that Watson did and Andrew Luck never played for a title. I would also take Watson over guys like Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Johnny Football who stuffed the stat sheets in weak conferences like the Big 12 and never won a title.

At the end of the day when you look at Watson's body of work its as good as any come the turn of the millenium.

-2 National Championship appearances

-2017 National Champions

-2 x Heisman Finalist 

-First and only player to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for 1,000

-2 x 4,000 yard passing seasons 

-Career Completion percentage of 67% 

-10,000 career Passing Yards

- 90 career Passing TD's

-2 x All-American

-2 x ACC Champion 

Say what you want but I think DeShaun deserves to be called one of the all-time greats.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 85 Comments