College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Bring Back the BCS

0 HS
ChapsRocks's picture
December 6, 2015 at 8:38pm
112 Comments

Bring back the BCS to determine the playoff teams. Whether its four or eight bring it back. It has only been two years and I can already sense the politics of the playoff committee. Its very disappointing. I know most will disagree. It will be really bad over time after they have had a chance to push the boundries as far as they can.

This isn't me complaining because OSU isn't in it. I am totally fine with that. It seems as if the committee uses whatever argument they need to push the agenda. Nobody knows what needs to be done. So many things don't make sense.

Stanford had already beat USC and the committee ranked OSU ahead of them. Stanford beat them a second time and now OSU drops? We already knew they beat USC. What really changed other than the ranking? How is Iowa ahead of OSU? How do they justify Oklahoma being ahead of Ohio State? Oklahoma was beaten badly by a bad team. No this is not a comparison to OSU last year. Last year OSU was driving to take the lead late against VTand threw a pick. Oklahoma was curb stomped. Let's face it, there was no chance the Big12 was being left out. How do you explain Bama being ahead of MSU?

The truth is sometimes they use the "Resume" justification and others the "Eye test" justification. And sometimes they use a different one for the same team just depending on who they are being compared to. For two years in a row I have been disappointed by the inconsistency.

If your not going to go back to the BCS, tie it directly to conference champions that includes all of the power five and/or add more committee members that will hopefully minimize the risk of a few people pushing an agenda.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments