College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Zeke vs. Henry vs. Fournette

0 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture
November 10, 2015 at 11:55am
56 Comments

I have been hearing that Derrick Henry has taken over the Heisman race since his performance vs. LSU. So me being curious I took a look at his stats this year up to this point. Then I wanted to take a look at Zeke's stats and Fournette's and I just can't believe that Henry is the "Frontronner". So here are all of their stats compared:

1. Zeke: Every game this year over 100 yards. His lowest amount of attempts in a game his year are 11 carries and he went for 122 yards (11.1 ypc). The highest amount of yards in a game this year was 274 yards on 23 attempts (11.9 ypc). That was his only game over 200 yards. His lowest amount of yards in a game this year was 101 yards on 27 carries (3.7 ypc). He had 3 TDs that game. Season Stats: 193 attempts, 1244 yards, 6.4 ypc, 14 TDs, 24 receptions, 169 yards, 7.0 Avg.
  2. Henry: Highest yards in a game is 236 yards on 32 CARRIES (7.4 ypc). He had 210 yards vs. LSU on 38 CARRIES (5.5 ypc). Lowest amount of yards in a game is 52 yards on 13 carries (4.0 ypc). 3 times this year he has been UNDER 100 yards. Season Stats: 218 attempts, 1254 yards, 5.8 ypc, 17 TDs, 8 receptions, 69 yards, 8.6 Avg.
  3. Fournette: He's had 3 games over 200 yards. Highest yards in a game was 244 yards on 26 carries (9.4 ypc). Lowest yards in a game was 31 yards on 19 carries (1.6 ypc) vs. Bama. That was his only game UNDER 150 yards. Season Stats: 195 attempts, 1383 yards, 7.1 ypc, 16 TDs, 7 receptions, 58 yards, 8.3 Avg.

Based on what I found, I feel like Fournette deserves the Heisman out of the RBs, but he won't win it just because of his one bad game. He can join the club of Coleman from Indiana last year and Andre Williams from the year before, where he will probably have the most yards (might not because of 1 less game since he won't be in championship game). The difference is that they didn't get the win because they played on lesser teams that weren't very good and QBs that year were great. If a RB wins this year, it should be Zeke over Henry out of those 2 for the reasons that 1.

Zeke has less usage (carries) and the same amount of yards. 2. He actually catches passes out of the backfield. 3. Henry's yards are carried on 2 games. He hasn't been consistent at all. What do you guys think??

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments