Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

European (France/Spain) Vacation Tips

+5 HS
buckbornbred's picture
July 9, 2019 at 9:50pm
69 Comments

Hello. I haven't been to Europe before but am tentatively entertaining going in mid-September to mid-October. Plan to spend anywhere from 3 to 10 days.

As far as countries go, France and Spain stand out because I speak those languages quite well (especially Spanish).

I was thinking about spending some time in Paris, maybe heading up to London for a day, then finishing the voyage in Barcelona. Outside of my interest in Spanish and French, I picked those cities because of their fame. Also, it seems like there will be a lot of stuff to see in Paris.

I going with my eldest daughter, who is grown. We both like the regular touristy stuff (e.g., monuments, historical sites, museums, and beaches).

I know this question is kind of broad, but do you guys/gals have any suggestions as to how to find a good deal? Also, any tips with respect to planning an itinerary would be helpful.

I haven't done much traveling. This is new to me and feels a little overwhelming.

Thanks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments