Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Self-esteem .. Success Stories?

+44 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
February 13, 2019 at 7:01pm
156 Comments

I have found myself in a major depression.

I am late 20s and feel like I have never been confident in both career/work and making life plans.. like I have been coasting through unsure what I want to do, what I can do etc.

I am lucky enough to have amazing parents, family, and a number of good friends so I am not sure if I have been able to ignore depression(besides one other bout) during my time since graduating and enjoy aspects of life without actually realizing that I am avoiding dealing with making life plans and figuring out my career. 

I don't want to get overly far into it, because an Ohio State football board isn't a board of psychiatrist / psychologist / or therapist. But I do know this is a strong community, and I am asking.. Have you or anyone else you know experienced something similar(I know all situations are not the same)? How did you or they overcome it? I am looking to read some success stories / positive outcomes and the methods used to achieve success. My current state of mind is making it very difficult for me to see myself being happy and successful.

Thank you.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 156 Comments