Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Christmas Cookies

+9 HS
QuercusAlba's picture
December 15, 2018 at 8:30am
45 Comments

So for as long as I can remember, my mom has made about 47 dozen Christmas cookies around this time of year, of varying types. She makes a soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookie that's to die for, her chocolate chip game has always been solid, and while I personally have never liked ginger snaps, she gets good reviews from those that do eat them. 

The preeminent cookie in her repertoire, however, is the Spritz cookie. We are a family of German descent, and she uses a recipe that belonged to my great aunt, who's parents were from Deutchland. If you have never had Spritz cookies, they are a dry, crunchy butter cookie. We always use a cookie gun to make various shapes such as trees, stars, and ribbons. The only topping we use is some simple sprinkles, usually the very fine, red/green/gold colored ones. I can sit and eat these things for breakfast, lunch and dinner if someone doesn't part them from me.

Anyways, that's my family's Christmas cookie story. What do you all do that you consider a Christmas baking tradition? Stories, memories, and recipes are all welcome, and may you and your loved ones have a blessed season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments