Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Need Help Getting to Yokota Air Force Base in Japan

+4 HS
Fawn Liebowitz's fiance's picture
December 13, 2018 at 10:04am
15 Comments

Good morning, I am struggling finding any cheap options, so I thought I would come here for some help. I know we have a strong military following here at 11w, so it doesn't hurt to ask. 

My sister recently moved to Japan, her husband works at the Yokota air force base there. My wife and I are going out to visit them on Feb. 1st. I guess normally most flights from the US land sometime after 1pm. Their shuttles start at 2pm. Sadly (well not really sadly, more awesomely) my wife and I are going to start in Vietnam, head to South Korea, then end in Japan. We wanted to be close to their timezone sleep wise when we showed up. What that means is, we will be arriving at the Narita airport at 9 am. We can take an Uber, but that is over $300, I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper option so we do not have to wait at the airport for 5 hours to catch a shuttle? My brother in law will be working, and my sister does not yet feel comfortable driving there yet, especially with her 2 young girls. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments