Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Exciting CalPoppy [Thanksgiving] Update!!!

+58 HS
Erniebuckeye's picture
November 23, 2018 at 11:02am
54 Comments

Hello friendly 11W family. I have exciting news from a grateful family. CalPoppy has been working hard at getting better. He and the chemo have knocked back the leukemia like Bruce Lee and he has also fought off the pneumonia. I’m in awe of his strength. 

The greatest thing of all is that yesterday, because of all of his hard work, he was released from the hospital and able go home in time for Thanksgiving dinner with his family. We were all so amazed and relieved to hear that he would be in familiar, comfortable surroundings for the holiday, complete with our parents there. And, he can cheer against TTUN in the comfort of his own home where it is more acceptable to throw a slipper at the tv. 

The next steps will be preparing for a bone marrow transplant and he will need a donor as we are not matches. I mentioned in another post you can check bethematch.org to see how to register as a donor- at first you just swab your cheek and send it for analysis. For now, he will be at home and then going to the Dr as needed for needs that he will have while awaiting the bone marrow transplant. 

At this time of giving thanks, we have so much to be grateful for, despite the hardships. Family, friends, Drs, nurses, and friends, like many of you, that we have yet to meet face-to-face. I think I can speak for CalPoppy in saying that the prayers, notes, GIFs, donations have not gone unnoticed. 

His journey continues and I will keep updating you here. Please keep the prayers coming, they’re working! 

And as always Go Bucks, Xichigan sucks. 

EB

[MOD Edit: Wanted to make the title more specific. ;)

Also, this here MOD, CalPoppy, thanks everyone again for all the well wishes and support. It is so good to type a comment from home. Thanksgiving, indeed!

Really appreciate the community and thanks to lil’ sis EB for putting up these updates. 

I had a rough time during parts of my 35 days at the hospital, and I’m not out of the woods yet, but loved the support to get to the word Remission at this point. As sis said above, just awaiting the next steps but at least from the comfort of home.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments