Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XCVIII

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
November 12, 2018 at 1:57pm
14 Comments

We're down to the last three editions of this series! What a ride it's been. When I made my first medley it was the start of 2017 and our beloved Buckeyes had just received a terrible tanning at the hands of Clemson. When this series ends, it will be at the season's end, and we'll either be feeling good about handing those uppity Michiganders a much-deserved humbling, or we'll be smarting from a defeat--either way, we'll need tunes. 

Seeing as we've just celebrated Veteran's day, I thought I'd kick this off with an anthem of warriors. This first song comes courtesy of "battle metal" band Sabaton, and commemorates the bloody conflict from which Veteran's day was created: World War I. This is "The Price of a Mile." 

Up next is a bit of a pace changer. My girlfriend was just singing this song, which got it stuck in my head. This one always takes me back to my high school years when I was interning at an orthodontist's office and one of the twelve or so songs the practice's musak had on repeat was this: "Love Song" by Sarah Bareills. 

Next is a fantastic song from a band that not long ago I'd counted out, believing they'd never deliver a hit to match their older work. They proved me wrong with this one, which was also featured on the FIFA 19 soundtrack. This is "Gold Rush" by Death Cab for Cutie. 

Last up is a song that everyone knows and either loves or hates. I happen to be in the former category. This is "Africa" by Toto. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments