Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My First Time in Jail OR How the Coaches Drove Me to Insanity

-4 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture
November 11, 2018 at 6:48pm
30 Comments

After 6 years reading this glorious website, and 4 years commenting, I got put in the ol slammer for the first time on Saturday. And i gotta say, man it was WORTH IT! There are no trials here (thankfully!) but if there were, I would have pleaded insanity due to coaching.

After the downhill pistol formation runs that worked last week, the staff totally abandoned them this week! The stretch runs were a nice addition, but anything up the middle was still the QB diving towards the LOS and handing it off to a standing still RB. Shockingly, they did not work!

They ran a speed option with Haskins at QB! They kept bailing out the DBs, especially Sheffield, even as they were getting beat! They brought tate in on the 6-yard line and he immediately had a TOUGH run for 5 yards, which was smart! They took him out right after that, which was...less smart!

We got the result, the D was good and at times very good (with some help from the MSU impotency) but the coaching staff seemed to be all over the place on Saturday. There were some things to build on, but I don't really have faith the coaches are doing what is necessary during the week to make this team competitive, and it makes me insane.

I pride myself on being a level-headed commenter with the occasional snide or sarcastic remark, and the every now and then angry comment on game day threads. But i admit I lost my cool Saturday and released an unnecessary (but cathartic) profane rant on the game thread. It won't happen again...unless I get temporary insanity and it does. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments