Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

OHIO 1861 to 1866

+20 HS
Cruiser72's picture
November 9, 2018 at 2:15pm
39 Comments

Need a little help from my friends, at the age of 71 and another B-day coming in Feb, and a graduation in March, I am going to write my final thesis on Ohio in the Civil War, and I am doing this at the encouragement of the Ohio Historical Society

My question:  If you have read or know of an undocumented Book, or Biography of the Civil War PLEASE pm me this info or post here, I need the author and title if you please.

During the American Civil War the State of Ohio was the ONLY state to surpass the Union requirements for manpower to fight the war, 249 Regiments of Ohio volunteers fought in every battle from Gettysburg to Miami, Fl, to Texas Arming 243,000 men, and it was Ohio troops, without the aid of other regiments that disarmed Kentucky, and West Virginia, and It was Ohio Black Soldiers that volunteered for the 54th and 55th Mass all Black Regiments...…..  and it was 2 Buckeyes William Tecumseh Sherman, and Ulysses S. Grant that were responsible for the downfall of the Confederate States, Grant in the East/West, Sherman in the West and March through Georgia

Having been a Marine my whole life, I chose this subject as it was so dear to my grandmother for it was her that taught me that nothing was more honorable than to serve this GREAT NATION ! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments