Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XCVII

+6 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
November 5, 2018 at 11:52am
9 Comments

Hey hey hey, coming to you live from my desk on campus, writing this in between conference sessions. 

We're starting up with one of the heaviest bands in this or any other land (but especially in their native Sweden), Viking Metal group Amon Amarth. This song from their album Versus the World is about (what else?) a viking who seeks glory and meaning out on the high seas. He who lives by the sea will die by the sea, as we see here in "Embrace of the Endless Ocean." 

Up next is probably the best song from the new FIFA 19 soundtrack, one that completely took me by surprise as I was midway through dominating Bayern Munich in my FC Koln manager career. This song by UK rapper Ocean Wisdom combines a smooth as silk beat with Wis's at times chill, at times frantic rapping. I always love a rapper who can choppa rap, and around 1:17 in Ocean Wisdom does just that. 

Up next is a song from one of the greatest singers of our era, Andrea Bocelli. In this song he performs a "duet" of sorts with the late, great French vocalist Edith Piaf. This is "Le Vie En Rose." 

Last up is a song from a genre we don't get often in these medley parts: country. For me, the best country is OLD country, and it doesn't get much older than Hank Williams (accept no substitutions). Here's "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments