Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Who Are Players and Coaches You'd Love if on Your Team, and Hate if They Weren't?

+2 HS
blu.fan's picture
October 5, 2018 at 11:56am
25 Comments

I'm curious who are some of the players and coaches you'd love if they were playing (or coaching) for Ohio State, but you hate with a passion if they're not?  IIRC, many of you absolutely COULD. NOT. STAND. Urban Meyer when he was at Florida. And things changed, and all was forgiven, once he came to Ohio State. There are kind of three categories:

• Guys you'd dislike anywhere, no matter who they play for. An example for me is Lewan. Another is Rich Rod. (I knew guys who dealt with him while he coached at Michigan.)
  • Guys you'd like if they played for you, hate if they didn't. (This is my primary interest.) Being from the Chicago area, Michael Jordan is one of those kind of guys. AJ Pierzinski too. I get the feeling that Baker Mayfield is one of those guys for some of you.
  • Guys you wish played for you, and you kind of like, with the only exception being when they are playing against your team. An old example for me is Magic Johnson. He was a charismatic guy, great leader, and it was hard for me to hate him.  (obviously this dates me.)

EDIT:  To make this relevant, I'll mention three TOSU guys, one I'd like at Michigan, one I wouldn't, and one where I'm torn. I'd love to have had Mike Weber wearing the maize and blue, and hope he does well any time he doesn't play Michigan. I just never was a fan of Pryor. Know he did well for you, know Michigan recruited him, but I'm not a fan. The one where I'm torn is Tressel. I really think he is a good guy, was a good coach, was a State of Ohio guy, but who made some poor decisions to try to protect his team. I just can't and don't despise him, flawed though he was.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments