Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Jacob Jarvis' Church is Having a Fundraiser for Duchenne MD on 9/16 & Needs Help from Buckeye Nation

+13 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
August 27, 2018 at 1:08pm
12 Comments

Update with this years article on Jacob's church fundraiser on September 16th. Hope to see you all there! 

http://www.howfirmthyfriendship.com/2018/09/discover-christian-church-to...

Hello everyone. Nick (gobucks2204) here. I wanted to check in because I haven't been posting in quite awhile. I'm doing well.  I just kind of got out of the habit of commenting with the busyness of life and all. I still lurk at times. The last few weeks have been pretty rough for us and seeing everyone's gifs, opinions and insight helped me get through it without losing my mind.  I thought I would share something positive that Buckeye Nation can help with and can take your mind off all the outside noise. 

Buckeye legend Jacob Jarvis' church (Discover Christian Church in Dublin, OH)  is having it's annual Cruisin' for a Cause Car and Truck Show on Sunday September 16th.

There are three boys that have Duchenne at their church; Jake, his brother Noah and another young boy, so this cause is very personal for their community.

I am in the process of trying to help collect items for their silent auction. Last year I was able to secure an Eddie George and Orlando Pace signed jersey. I thought I would put out that bat signal to Buckeye Nation to see if any of you, or if you know of anyone who would like to donate items for the auction. They don't have to be Buckeye items. Browns, Bengals, Blue Jackets, Steelers even small items like bobble-heads are fine because they can be used in baskets and as door prizes. The Mississippi State coach even messaged me that he is sending some items (props to him).

The items can be dropped off or mailed to the church office. Please include the estimated value of the item.

Discover Christian Church  

2900 Martin Road.

Dublin, Ohio. 43017

C/O Kristin Carpenter

If you are unable to donate items but would like to send a donation, checks can be sent to the church office address above with "Cure Duchenne" in the memo.

I would love for all of you to attend if you can.

Here is my article from last year that talks about the event and some of the logistics like parking etc.

Here is this years flyer.

They have all kinds of stuff for kids too. I had a really great time at last year's event and met a lot of great people.

People will be arriving around 1pm and the car show will be from 3-5:30pm.

Additionally, I'll be writing another article this week to promote this year's event and post it when it gets closer to the 16th as a reminder.

They were able to raise approximately $6500.00 last year. I'd love to reach the goal of $10,000 this year. 

Let's all rally together and help Cure Duchenne. 

Once again, I thank you all for any help you can provide. I love all of you guys and I'll be commenting more in the future once the season starts.

Email me at gobucks2204@gmail.com if you have any questions and Go Bucks!

Nick Jackson

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments