Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Anybody Ever Got a Dog and Wished They Hadn't? Trying to Avoid That.

+3 HS
BuckAlum09's picture
August 22, 2018 at 2:02pm
67 Comments

To answer the obvious questions: Yes, I love dogs. Yes I've had dogs in the past. 3 German Shepherds growing up in small farm town Ohio. While I was a kid though... Never had a dog of my own, on my own. 

Now age 32. Standard middle class living. 2 story town home + basement in Dublin. No back yard, but have a large courtyard directly outside my front door. Work in Upper Arlington 4 days a week, from home 1 day a week. No kids or wife. Just your standard bachelor pad but with "nicer" things than in my 20s bachelor days.

Been looking seriously at getting a dog this past year but have not pulled the trigger yet. I now have the opportunity to put in a deposit on a puppy of the breed I would like. Just curious if any other middle aged bachelors have taken the "single dad" solo pup jump and if there are horror stories to be aware of that I may not be thinking about?

***We are suspending voting until further notice***

Speaking of dogs. Hoping a healthy random convo can hold us over until BoT lets us off this leash of our own...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments